Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hammer time!

I was having a hard time trying to decide what to get for my hubby for our anniversary.  He's the type of guy that likes useful and practical presents (asks for new shoes and rechargeable batteries for his power tools at Christmas).  While I was pondering what to get for him, he posted it to my wall on Facebook!


We are in the process of demolishing the lovely red brick bar in our basement - and removing that lovely red shag you see there in the lower right.  Hooray!  We've reached that point in our lives where it's time to turn the adult lounge into a playroom.  :)

So a bigger hammer, huh?  I can totally do that!  And I'll even find a cute little saying on the Internet that I can use to make a cheesy card!  Except when you do a Google image search for "hammer Valentine", you get this guy . . .


Not exactly what I was looking for.

After continued searching for cards with hammers (that didn't include some reference to getting nailed), I came up empty.  So I had to use my own creative juices instead.  While it isn't an earth-shattering little tag line, I thought I'd better post it just in case there are other ladies out there who have the need to purchase a sledge hammer for their one and only.  


Because he does!  He's always doing things for me around the house and he's a super-great dad.  Being around him makes my whole day better.  On the inside I wrote, "Here's to many years of wild & crazy projects together!" because I'm the dreamer who comes up with the ridiculous ideas and he figures out how to make them a reality.


I sneaked it into his car so he'd find it this morning when he left for work.  Then I had a nice laugh when he went down the back basement steps and took a few swings with it.  The baby and I were just sitting there eating breakfast when we heard a giant "BAM! BAM!".  He said it works like a dream and he was bummed that he had to go to work and delay the demolition fun for a few hours.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!