Thursday, January 19, 2012

Swiffer Covers



As I was scouring for fabulous ideas in conjunction with my new Pinterest addiction, I came across the great idea for Swiffer covers.  The first version I came across was knitted, which I may also try for damp-mopping my hard floors, but I also found this great sewing tutorial on the blog Sew Much Ado.  Today I gave them a shot and they turned out fabulous!

I made two minor modifications that are different from her pattern.  The first is that I used a mircofiber towel for my dust-grabbing side.  This isn't so much because I doubted the effectiveness of a chenille sock, but more because it was what was in the aisle in front of me that reminded me that I wanted to make these.  I also made the decision to reinforce the stitching where the pocket meets the pad when I was completing the topstitch.  I decided that it might be helpful after I put my first one on and stretched it over the edge of the sweeper.  Otherwise, I found this tutorial spot-on and quite easy to follow!  Thanks for a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!