Tuesday, July 31, 2012

ONEderland

It's official!  My little boy is now a toddler (although he had actually been "toddling" for a few weeks before his birthday)!  I had so much fun planning for his party.  Somewhere along the line several months ago, I had come across the ONEderland theme and decided I couldn't resist the chance to jump down the rabbit hole.  Here's are some of the fun party ideas!


I was so excited about the way that the invitations turned out (especially since I have almost no graphic design experience!)  This project taught me about downloading new and exciting fonts to my computer which could prove to be very helpful in the future.  Want a few to try?  Check out my Pinterest board.


Welcome to ONEderland!


I scoured garage sales, Craigslist, and our local antique mall for lots of fun teapots.  And see that little hat there?  I made that for little G, but alas, we are in the phase where he hates having anything on his head.  So it just ended up being decoration instead.  Sigh.  You can find the free pattern at www.fleecefun.com


This was one of my favorite last minute decorations because they were so easy and I already had everything on hand!  Many thanks to Suburban Utopia for the adorable addition to the table!


This bit of decor was inspired by a Pinterest pin to a very talented Etsy seller.  I would have just ordered them, but since I had almost all of the supplies at home, I opted to cut them from cardstock myself.  I regret that I didn't make more people take pictures with them, but they looked great!

 Weren't they cute?!?!


My hubby also helped me make a cupcake stand for our little teacup cupcakes out of some boards he had in the garage.  We used this tutorial as inspiration.  It will be interesting to see if I can get those cans of corn and green beans that we used as pillars open now that they've been covered in hot glue!
 
 Yay for new fonts and fun paper punches!  Oh - would you like a cupcake wrapper template?
Here's the one I used.  I used my scalloped scissors for the top edge and attached the little handles from scraps I cut.  A friend also shared a great link with me for how to frost cupcakes and I used the Wilton whipped frosting mix where you just add cold water.  It rocked!


My little man and his "1"-sie.  It matched the hat.  :( 
Perhaps I should dress him up in them now and take a picture so I get over that, huh?

 Last, but not least - I wish I would have taken some better pictures of this.  My hubby helped me make the croquet wickets out of giant playing cards from the party supply store.  I didn't have time to create pink flamingo mallets, so we used the standard set, but the kiddos didn't seem to mind.

I suppose that now it's time to start thinking about the Halloween costume.  I'm trying to be the lady who thinks ahead about these things.  I did that for the party and it worked great.  But maybe I should also begin the actual construction phase more than about a week out.  Eh, we'll see . . . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!