Monday, September 24, 2012

A happy little envelope


My little corner of blog-land has changed and grown with me in the days since I became a "grown up".  I've toyed with devoting my writings to a particular topic that I love (food!), shared our family's adoption journey with those who care about us, and now I'm trying to fashion a way to showcase me and the things that make me smile.  It gives me joy to share a great recipe or crafting project, since I benefit so often from the advice and help of other bloggers.  And what an immense and wonderful world there is to explore!

However, in all of the convenience and intrigue of the internet, I lament that it seems a piece of my communication with those I care for has somehow fallen by the wayside.  I used to send things that required a stamp.  I'm not talking about bills!  I mean letters, cards, and silly little notes.  Those envelopes that you used to receive in the mail with your name handwritten in the style of someone who loves you.  The best of those envelopes came when it wasn't even your birthday - just a note to say "hello".

I especially remember receiving these special bits of paper when I was a student at a university several hours from home.  Oh, how those cards and letters blessed me as I pulled them from the mailbox and read them over and over again.  They were words of encouragement, promise, and love - and they connected me back to where I came from and who I was.

Recently, I discovered an fantastic online community of awesome women who share their hearts with others on the web.  As I browsed the pages of (in)courage, I stumbled upon their Inspired Deals page.  How appropriate - as this month featured the opportunity to receive a set of cards from Dayspring.  I completed the online form and promptly moved on without giving it another thought.  A few days later, my husband returned from work and brought in a package from the porch with a "what did you order?" sort of question.  Puzzled, I opened the box to reveal the most adorable set of Really Woolly cards.  Yahoo!  How fun is that?

 Now I've got the perfect tools to brighten someone's day with a handwritten envelope and a stamp.  And I know just the mailboxes that deserve them!  So I'm saying "goodnight keyboard" - it's time to find my favorite ink pen again.

Please note: While Dayspring kindly gifted me with these cards for review, all opinions and thoughts are mine.  If you’re interested in doing a review for Dayspring in the future, check out October’s opportunity here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here!